GF22 Global Futures Conference:
Setting critical actions for global transformational change
New York City
September 20-23, 2022
Registration to launch Summer 2022
What are the ‘must have’ targets and ‘must do’ actions that can accelerate the necessary transformations to a safe, just and habitable planet for all? This question is the focus of the GF22 Global Futures Conference.
Co-convened by the Julie Ann Wrigley Global Futures Laboratory™ at Arizona State University and The Earth League, the GF22 Global Futures Conference will bring together members of the public and private sectors, scientists, youth and activists from around the globe to formulate a bold and actionable agenda to push the boundaries of discourse on what can – and must – be done now.
The interactive format will enable participants to integrate and synthesize knowledge from multiple frameworks and perspectives. It will foster an open dialogue with diverse perspectives on feasible, immediate action towards the transitions needed to avoid irreparable harm to the earth system, including humankind.
- Peter Schlosser, ASU Julie Ann Wrigley Global Futures Laboratory and The Earth League
- Johan Rockström, Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research and The Earth League
Conference Steering Committee:
- Xiye Bastida, Fridays for Futures organizer and Re-Earth Initiative co-founder
- Joji Carino, Senior Policy Advisor, Forest Peoples Programme
- Alex Dehgan, CEO and co-founder, Conservation X Labs
- Amanda Ellis, Director of Global Partnerships and Networks, ASU Julie Ann Wrigley Global Futures Laboratory
- Mohamed Hassan, President, The World Academy of Sciences
- Naoko Ishii, Professor, Institute for Future Initiatives
- Yoshimitsu Kobayashi, Chairperson and Director of the Board, Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation
- Peggy Liu, Chair, JUCCCE: Greening China Together
- Julia Marton-Lefèvre, independent adviser on sustainability issues
- Mahmoud Mohieldin, Executive Director, International Monetary Fund
- Carlos Nobre, Senior Researcher, Institute for Advanced Studies at University of Sao Paulo
- Sandie Okoro, Senior Vice President and Group General Counsel, The World Bank
- M. Sanjayan, Chief Executive Officer, Conservation International
- Leena Srivastava, Deputy Director General for Science, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis
- George Stephanopoulos, Director, The Global KAITEKI Center
- Soumya Swaminathan, Chief Scientist, World Health Organization
If you are interested in being a sponsor of or have questions about the GF22 Global Futures Conference, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.