Global Futures 2022:
Shaping Tomorrow, Today
Ronald Reagan Building
September 11-16, 2022
Due to global concerns about the COVID-19 pandemic, we have rescheduled this conference for the fall of 2022
Global Futures 2022: Shaping Tomorrow, Today is a space for a broad global stakeholder community to interrogate the trajectory of our planet and the role of global society in shaping it by asking “which global future(s) do we want, and can there be any consensus getting there?”.
The conference, co-convened by the Julie Ann Wrigley Global Futures Laboratory™ at Arizona State University and the Earth League, will be outcome-oriented and will enable participants to integrate and synthesize knowledge from multiple frameworks and perspectives.
The main purpose of Global Futures 2022 is to define strategies and immediate action required to fundamentally alter how we manage the planet in ways that achieve sustained habitability. The conference format will foster an open dialogue with diverse perspectives on feasible, immediate action towards the transitions needed to avoid irreparable harm to the earth system, including humankind.
- Peter Schlosser, ASU Julie Ann Wrigley Global Futures Laboratory™ and The Earth League
- Johan Rockström, Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research and The Earth League
Conference Steering Committee:
- Xiye Bastida, Fridays for Futures organizer and Re-Earth Initiative co-founder
- Joji Carino, Senior Policy Advisor, Forest Peoples Programme
- Alex Deghan, CEO and co-founder, Conservation X Labs
- Amanda Ellis, Director of Global Partnerships and Networks, ASU Julie Ann Wrigley Global Futures Laboratory
- Mohamed Hassan, President, The World Academy of Sciences
- Nakao Ishii, Executive Vice President, The University of Tokyo
- Yoshimitsu Kobayashi, Chairperson and Director of the Board, Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation
- Peggy Liu, Chair, JUCCCE: Greening China Together
- Julia Marton-Lefèvre, former Director General, International Union for Conservation of Nature
- Mahmoud Mohieldin, Executive Director, International Monetary Fund
- Carlos Nobre, Senior Researcher, Institute for Advanced Studies at University of Sao Paulo
- Sandie Okoro, Senior Vice President and Group General Counsel, The World Bank
- M. Sanjayan, Chief Executive Officer, Conservation International
- Leena Srivastava, Deputy Director General for Science, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis
- George Stephanopoulos, Director, The Global KAITEKI Center
- Soumya Swaminathan, Chief Scientist, World Health Organization
Registration will open in Fall 2021.
If you are interested in being a sponsor of or have questions about Global Futures 2022, please contact email@example.com.